|Foreign Labor Certification|
To assist prospective H-2A employers in preparing their agricultural job offers, the Office of Foreign Labor Certification (OFLC) has established the Agricultural Employment Practice Survey Library to provide available information on prevailing employment practices as well as acceptable experience requirements for agricultural jobs. This information is collected through the State Workforce Agencies (SWA) and used by the OFLC's Chicago National Processing Center staff in reviewing employer job requirements under the H-2A program to ensure no adverse impact on the wages and working conditions of U.S. workers similarly employed.
Information on prevailing employment practices and acceptable experience requirements are typically collected through SWA conducted employer surveys, and are organized by crop activity, occupation and wage reporting areas (e.g., statewide or sub-state region). Because SWAs conduct employer surveys or obtain information on the acceptability of job requirements during the course of each year, employers are strongly encouraged to check this webpage for any updates prior to preparing and submitting an agricultural job offer under the H-2A program.
Employers submitting H-2A applications for occupations covered by special procedures should refer to the appropriate Training and Guidance Letter (TEGL) for additional information on wages, working conditions, and other job requirements. Please select the applicable TEGL for additional information:
- TEGL 15-06, Change 1 (June 14, 2011) Special Procedures: Labor Certification Process for Occupations Involved in the Open Range Production of Livestock under the H-2A Program
- TEGL 17-06, Change 1 ((June 14, 2011) Special Procedures: Labor Certification Process for Employers in the Itinerant Animal Shearing Industry under the H-2A Program
- TEGL 33-10 (June 14, 2011) Special Procedures: Labor Certification Process for Itinerant Commercial Beekeeping Employers in the H-2A Program
- TEGL 32-10 (June 14, 2011) Special Procedures: Labor Certification Process for Employers Engaged in Sheepherding and Goatherding Occupations under the H-2A Program
- TEGL 16-06, Change 1 (June 14, 2011) Special Procedures: Labor Certification Process for Multi-State Custom Combine Owners/Operators under the H-2A Program
Employers submitting H-2A applications in the Northeast Woods Logging Industry should refer to their respective state survey information.